• Posted by aklink on January 1, 2018 at 2:18 pm

I’ve been cheating off and on for about 18 months. I’ve been caught but my wife assumed it was harmless friendships. That all ended she left me and took our son. Every time I think I’m making progress with myself I get the itch to start looking online for local women. Please help me I don’t want to ruin 3 lives. I have an addictive personality so I think I may be addicted to it.

joe-marshall replied 4 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • joe-marshall

January 16, 2018 at 12:25 pm

I am very sorry for the situation you have placed yourself in, and will offer my humble opinion and advice.

You have a problem, and an addictive personality can definitely fuel that fire. The only way change will come about is IF YOU REALLY WANT TO CHANGE.

After that, you will need to seek professional counseling, and addiction counseling will be probably be where to start. A cheater is not complex, it is usually an insecure person with some kind of void in their life or personality, and they try to fill that void by cheating, drinking, getting high, etc………

Whatever the reason/cause, you will need to identify it, and address it, or it will happen again, trust me.

You do need to consider that your marriage may be damaged beyond repair, many people cannot ever get over being betrayed by the one they hold most dear, it’s devastating.

In the mean time, don’t go it alone, reach out to God in prayer, he is listening, and can help. Also, seek council with trusted family, friends, clergy, or all three.

I wish you the very best, and will say a prayer for you all. God Bless You.