• Help needed

Posted by ritta2345 on August 28, 2018 at 2:38 pm

How do I stop thinking about everything I keep picturing what my husband did to me over and over I know the ins and outs of everything he did on the night he cheated on me and I just can’t stop imagining it and thinking about it and what happened could someone advise me how to stop picturing it I can’t afford to go counselling just had a baby and I am on maternity

Any advise/help will be great

gaea101 replied 4 years ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • sirkanto

August 29, 2018 at 7:58 am

I don’t know I am going thru the same thing. How long was it ago?

• ritta2345

September 1, 2018 at 10:51 am

It was 9mo this ago what about you?

• kjones1

September 6, 2018 at 9:03 am

This may sound stupid to some…but please know we all deal with the mental aspect for a long time to come. However, I have dedicated myself to have deep conversations with the Almighty. I am constantly trying to focus on me and my relationship with him FIRST. For me, if that relationship isn’t right, nothing else feels right. I look back and see that I actually placed my husband before HIM so many times and that is the only thing I feel ashamed of. I asked myself at one point, why God? Why me? But…he reminded me, I am not the problem. My husband has the problems. He reminded me that there are so many men and women asking the same question…His very children and it’s like He said, “focus on me and everything else will fall into place….maybe with him and maybe not. But you must TRUST the process! I look back over my entire life and the Almighty has NEVER left me hanging…he has always carried me thru!”
    I pray to forgive myself for any insecurities or doubts. I pray to be a better reflection of the ONE that has blessed and carried me through the darkest moments in my life! I pray to be a better mother and example to my children. When I think about it…it is easier to and feels better when I chose to be happy!
    I cannot change my spouse; only God can do that and my spouse has to accept or decline whatever the Almighty places in his heart and mind to do.
    As for me…I have to focus on the ALmighty and my own salvation!

Again….this is a PROCESS, it’s not easy! I still get ANGRY. I am still HURT. But when those feelings begin to overwhelm me…I ask the Almighty to PLEASE remove these thoughts from my mind. They cause unhealthy responses from my body and can impact my focus and ability to do what it is He has called me to do.

ONE MINUTE, ONE HOUR, ONE DAY at a TIME….that is all I can handle.

• gaea101

November 15, 2018 at 12:54 pm

Oh I know your pain. My d day was 5 years ago, but after moving back into the country after 5 years I found all the old pics of him and her on the old stored computer. Coupled with that I found out new info about the whole thing. I was instantly triggered and u am having trouble dealing with the thoughts of the pics. I read all of the articles on the side and one really good one was how to redirect my mind. Granted, 5 years is a lot longer than 9 months. Do things for yourself. I realise that is hard as a new mom, but it may be as simple as reading a library book in the tub. Best of luck and many hugs.